Educational Leadership For K–12 Leaders
EMU's Master of Arts in Educational Leadership is designed for professional educators who are seeking the skills and knowledge to become effective educational leaders. Four major content areas make up the educational leadership curriculum: leadership, research, professionalism and management competency/proficiency. Further development in the areas of human relations, diversity and technology are emphasized.
Career Opportunities/Administrative Certification
Upon completion of this program, graduates qualify for administrative certification in the State of Michigan.
The EMU College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and approved by the Michigan Department of Education for the preparation of educational personnel.
Basic Concentration: 29 credit hours
- EDLD 509 Educational Leadership in a Pluralistic Society (3)
- EDLD 513 Community Education and Community Relations (3)
- EDLD 514 Organization and Administration of K–12 Schools (3)
- EDLD 515 Instructional Leadership (3)
- EDLD 517 Leadership for School Improvement (3)
- EDLD 612 Economics of Public Education (3)
- EDLD 617 Administering Human Resources in Education Adm (3)
- EDLD 620 The Principalship (3)
- EDLD 630 Legal, Ethical and Professional Issues in Administration (3)
- EDLD 687 Internship (2)
- Required: EDPS 667 Principles of Educational Research (3) and three hours selected in consultation with the graduate advisor.
- EDLD 518 Multimedia Technology for School Administrators (3)
- EDLD 609 Team Building and Consensus Decision Making (3)
- EDLD 611 Introduction to Adult Education (3)
- EDLD 615 Collective Negotiations in Education (3)
- EDLD 609 Team Building and Consensus Decision-Making (3)
- EDLD 631 Human Relations Skills for Administrators (3)
- EDLD 660 Grant Writing (2)
- EDLD 696 Seminar: Women in Leadership (3)
Total 35 hours
For More Information
The Department of Leadership and Counseling
Graduate Coordinator of Advising
Eastern Michigan University
John W. Porter Building - Suite 304
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
734.487.0255 | Fax: 734.487.4608
Read more information by downloading the fact sheet PDF.