Educational Media and Technology
The mission of this certificate is to prepare professionals to facilitate student learning in a variety of settings. The online program is designed to provide you with both the knowledge base and application skills required to use technology effectively in education. Focusing on the design, development, utilization, management and evaluation of instructional systems moves us toward achieving this mission.
The graduate certificate in educational media and technology focuses on assisting educators both in P-20 academic environments and private industry in integrating technology by reviewing research, providing hands-on experiences, requiring students to develop lesson plans and technology plans, and looking at pedagogical reasons for integrating technology in the classroom.
The EMU College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and approved by the Michigan Department of Education for the preparation of educational personnel. After completing either the master's or the graduate certificate in educational media and technology, Michigan teachers who are already certified can apply for the educational technology endorsement.
Program of StudyRequired EDMT courses: 20 credit hours
- EDMT 602 Technology and Student-Centered Learning (3);
Prerequisite: Baccalaureate degree
- EDMT 603 Technology Enhanced Learning Environments (3);
Prerequisite or Co-requisite: EDMT 602
- EDMT 623 Instructional Design and Development of Multimedia Instructional Materials (3);
Prerequisites: EDMT 602 and EDMT 603
- EDMT 627 Advanced Technical Issues in Educational Technology (3);
Prerequisites: EDMT 602
- EDMT 628 The Use and Design of Online Resources for Educators (3);
Prerequisite: EDMT 623
- EDMT 632 Advanced Productivity Tools in Teaching and Learning (3); Prerequisite: Baccalaureate degree
- EDMT 653 Issues and Emerging Educational Technologies (3); Prerequisites: All of the above.
For More Information
The Department of Teacher Education
Graduate Coordinator of Advising
Eastern Michigan University
John W. Porter Building – Suite 313
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
734.487.3260 | Fax: 734.487.2102
Read more information by downloading the fact sheet [PDF].